Social Media Intern
Marketing and Social Media Intern Fort Worth, TX
We are seeking a creative, independent, hard-worker who is passionate about natural, holistic products and the American hemp movement.
Our Social Media Intern will contribute directly to our dynamic content strategy - including planning marketing calendar, drafting, creating, and curating social media posts and videos, measuring social engagement and working directly with our marketing team. They will work creatively and consistently to deliver relevant, timely content that is engaging across multiple platforms.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Creative eye to enhance our brand’s established aesthetics.
- Fluent use and understanding of all social platforms, in a professional manner.
- Familiarity with editing software including, but not limited to: Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Experienced with Word, Excel, Google-drive.
- Attention to detail and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work against deadlines, without micro-management.
- Passionate about holistic, natural products and supporter of the American hemp industry.
- Uniquely create and curate engaging social media content including photos, posts, short videos and info graphics for various audiences across multiple leading platforms.
- Locate and cultivate relationships with influencers to engage with our products and create social content to boost following and brand awareness.
- Track and monitor analytics to assess trends and activity across social accounts.
- Develop strategic communication plans to maintain and follow the editorial calendar provided. Be innovative and creative in bringing new ideas to the table.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Communications, Marketing, and Sales Department, as needed.
- Attend bi-weekly scheduled meeting with team members, covering media calendar and current marketing plans.
- Bi-weekly submission of content folder created by intern, as further detailed.
- Must have reliable computer, internet, and necessary technologies to complete job functions.
- Work experience and/or college is not required, but preferred.
- Current students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the following related fields: marketing, advertising, communications, business, graphic design, is preferred, but not required.
- Enhanced content writing and/or video production skills preferred, but not required.
- SEO, Analytics, Linkedin, Mailchimp, Shopify, and/or Wordpress skills preferred, but not required.
Discounts on hemp products. Ability to grow your portfolio and resume in a fast-paced, forward-thinking company, with established roots in the American hemp industry. Get in on the ground level and while developing valuable business practices. We are growing quickly and will continue to expand our team! Come support the hemp industry with your creative content and grow with us.
This is an unpaid intern position. College credit can be offered, if your university allows.
Duration of Internship:
Flexible, 6mo.+ (min. 7 hours/ week)
How to Apply:
Please provide links to current social media account(s), Linkedin, website(s), and/or portfolio along with resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Social Media Intern” in the subject line.